If you have questions, the experts at Premier Safety Partners have answers to the most common OSHA 30-Hour Training FAQs. We bring decades of experience helping business across a variety of industries achieve greater productivity through effective health and safety initiatives. Continue reading to learn answers to OSHA 30 Hour training FAQs.
How long is the OSHA 30 Hour Certification Valid?
Once you complete the training, it will take anywhere from six to eight weeks for you to receive your card. The Department of Labor OSHA Card doesn't have a date of expiration. Since OSHA updates their regulations on a regular basis, Premier Safety Partners suggest you renew your training at a minimum of five years.
Who needs the OSHA 30 Hour training?
The OSHA 30-Hour training is a much needed element for protecting employees on various job sites. However, these certifications are quickly becoming standard requirements in the construction industry.
A large number of government projects, unions, and private companies are requiring each worker to provide proof they have completed the course. However, the most common participants include construction employees with safety responsibilities, such as:
- Safety Coordinators
- Project Managers
- Safety Specialists
Where to get the OSHA 30 Hour Certification?
When choosing a trainer for the course, it's important to ensure they're authorized by OSHA to deliver the course. Premier Safety Partners is an authorized provider of the OSHA 30 Hour training course with decades of professional and industry-related experience.
As an added bonus, we will travel to your worksite to deliver the course. This allows the curriculum to easily be integrated into your organizational approach to workplace safety and health excellence.
Can I get the 30 Hour card with only 8-16 hours of actual training?
If someone is offering you the course with an hourly requirement, this is fraudulent information. Every authorized trainer is required to comply with OSHA's guidelines for the program. For instance, when OSHA stipulates 30 hours of training, it's referring to the actual seat time. Any trainer who isn't in compliance can have their OSHA authorized trainer status revoked or suspended.
Online vs. Instructor-led OSHA 30 Hour Courses: Which Is Better?
In the end, the answer is based on your organization and your workforce. However, as experienced safety consultants, we suggest the onsite or instructor-led training due to the higher level of involvement, engagement, and more hands-on learning environment.
We offer flexible training schedules that allow our experts to best meet the needs of your organization.
How to Get a Replacement OSHA 30 Hour Card?
If the student has misplaced or lost their OSHA 30 Hour Card, they should contact their trainer. The trainer will then contact their respective OSHA training office to request a replacement. Records are typically kept for a minimum of five years plus the present year. If you were trained before this time, you may not be eligible for a replacement card.
What Training Topics Are Covered in the 30 Hour Training Course?
The OSHA 30-hour training course provides training for employers and workers on the process of recognizing, avoiding, abatement, and prevention of hazards in the workplace. This program goes into great depth and variety based on a range of areas based on your specific industry.
At Premier Safety Partners, we will cater the course electives to have the greatest impact on your business. However, the most common OSHA 30-hour course topics include:
Contractor's Health and Safety Program
The Importance of Effective Record Keeping and Reporting
Fall Protection & Electrical Hazards
Cranes & Rigging
Proper Materials Handling
Mobile Motorized Platforms
The Importance of Competency in the Workplace
Work Zone Traffic Control
What Does OSHA 30 Hour Course Cover?
After the completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Know worker rights as well as the responsibilities of the employer under OSHA
- Effectively identify a variety of hazards, including electrocution, fall, and struck-by hazards
- Understand the effective way to choose the right lifesaving equipment and PPE.
- Identify the most prevalent health hazards associated with the construction industry.
- Identify hazards associated with marine operations, mechanized equipment, and motor vehicles.
- Learn how to reduce hazards associated with material handling
- Identify common power tool & hand hazards.
- Recognize the roles of the workforce and management in improving organizational safety culture.
- Understand method of protection from fire hazards through emergency response and prevention.
- Learn methods of protection from crane hazards and major steel erection hazards.
- Review methods of protection from cutting and welding hazards.
- Recognize confined space hazards and the optimum methods of protection.
- Review requirements of employer for protecting workers from masonry and concrete hazards, including abatement methods.
- Explain activities that could lead to RMD and MSD illnesses and injuries.
- Understand the responsibilities of the supervisor and employer for preventing unhealthy exposures and workplace injuries.
- Describe types of safety and health construction hazards and the optimum forms of hazard mitigation.
- Identify the key reasons for incident investigations and future prevention measures.
How long does it take to receive my OSHA card after completing the course?
After the course has been completed, it takes OSHA anywhere from two to four weeks to process each attendants information. Then, OSHA sends the cards to Premier Safety Partners, and we deliver the cards to the company. The overall process can take anywhere from six to eight weeks.
Will students receive any documentation during the waiting period?
At the end of the course, participants are granted a certificate. This documentation will be sufficient to prove the student completed the OSHA 30 hour course. These cards are accepted on job sites throughout the United States.
Contact Premier Safety Partners for OSHA 30 Hour Training
At Premier Safety Partners, we specialize in help businesses achieve safer and more productive work environments. In addition to concentrated OSHA 30 Hour training, we offer a variety of health and safety services to a long list of industries, including:
Contact Premier Safety Partners today to schedule a free on-site consultation.